We’ve noticed there’s a problem, women typically live longer than men. Among those over 100 years old, 85% are women.
Here are a just a few reasons for this oh so unfair fact of life:
- Men don’t deal with stress as well as women
- Men are more prone to internalizing stress than to letting go.
- Men smoke more than women.
- Fortunately men are smoking less and less these days, but it’s still a problem
- Men tend to eat more foods that aren’t health supportive.
- On average men develop cardiovascular disease about 10 years earlier than women.
- In part, this is because women are typically more deficient in iron than men are, due to menstruation. Excess iron can play a significant role in cellular damage.
- Historically men are prone to more dangerous behavior then women.
- Damn you testosterone!
- Men are less likely to ask for help, or see a Dr. or other health and wellness practitioner.
- This is another stat that is also improving but not quickly enough.
How we can help you.
As bad as things seem when it comes to our health, the fact that most disease as we know it today can be reversed should be reason to celebrate!
Even if you feel you can’t do it today there are more and more resources, groups, and wellness experts (yep, that’s us) that you can turn to in order to help you achieve your health and lifestyle goals.
Michael DeSanti and I met at Joe Cross’s (of Fat Sick and Nearly Dead Documentary) Camp Reboot last year where we worked as health coaches on his team. We bonded over green juice, good conversation and quickly realized we had a lot in common. We noticed that among the coaches and the attendants the overwhelming majority where women. Where were all the men? Beyond weight lifting magazines, and supplement ads men are being largely left out of the conversation of health and wellness. We decided to fix this.
That’s how The Vital Guide was born.
What we do.
The Vital Guide is our call to action for men to finally take control of their health and to experience life in its most richest form. We guide you towards regaining your energy and vitality. We want you to feel great, and be at your best in every way you could imagine. We want you to make it happen!
Here are just a few of the things TVG can help you with:
- Simple but powerfully effective nutritional guidance for optimum wellness.
- Effective stress management so it stops draining your energy.
- Lifestyle tips and techniques that will greatly enhance the quality of your life.
- Transforming negative habits into positive ones.
As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, men are less likely to ask for help. Don't let that be you. Your health and life depends on it.
At The Vital Guide we are here to support you in your journey to health, get you out of the danger zone and into your best life possible.
You deserve a long, healthy and Vital life.
Michael and Pablo
Co-founders of The Vital Guide